How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 34251
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am receiving housing assistance in wisconsin because of no

Customer Question

i am receiving housing assistance in wisconsin because of no income can i be disqualified due to an inheritance from a deceased parent recently
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. I am here to help
Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is my answer and i do NOT wish to be billed monthly from now on
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Sorry...not sure what happened...the answer I typed up did not post.Just a moment, I will retype
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the confusion and thank you for your patiencePublic assisted housing is a "needs based" program. That means that to qualify for the benefit you must meet a "means test". Basically, the state is able to consider your income and assets in deciding if you are able to qualify (both initially and periodically during your participation in the program)Your inheritance will be considered as "income"...and will be considered in determining your eligibility for the program. IF the amount you receive takes you over the threshold you could have your benefit suspended.Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Related Real Estate Law Questions