Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

My name is ***** *****. My issue is that I have a first

Customer Question
Hello, my name is *****...
Hello, my name is ***** *****. My issue is that I have a first mortgage that I am current on but my 2nd is in default. It was sold some time ago to Real Time Resolutions. They are horrible to deal with. The 2nd is actually in my ex-mother-in-laws name and she is wanting to declare bankruptcy. How ill that affect my home?? The 1st mortgage is in my name.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Such as?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
4/3/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
If she is on the second and declares bankruptcy, but you are on the title of the house, it cannot affect your rights as homeowner. That is because she cannot pledge the house that she does not own, since she is not on title. They cannot foreclose on a house that is not pledged to them.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you! Her name is ***** ***** deed but if we take her off and then she declares bankruptcy I'd be safe?
Yes you will be perfectly safe if you do that.Now, please rate 4 or 5 aand close out the question. thanks.
Now, please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer