How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31687
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need to stop a Forclouser JA: The Real Estate Lawyer will

Customer Question

Need to stop a Forclouser
JA: The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I hired a law firm and paid $1300 and I think that's a scam and now I don't know what to do next sense my foreclosure is on April 5
JA: Anything else I can tell the Real Estate Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: I need someone who can file and stop the foreclosure as well find out who is the law firm I paid
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Outside of paying off the mortgage loan or bringing it current, there is no way to STOP a foreclosure other than by filing a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
The Chapter 13 will allow you to file a repayment plan with the bankruptcy court and establish a monthly repayment amount to pay the mortgage at an amount you can afford.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Generally, you can reduce your mortgage payment significantly through a chapter 13, so you may want to consider looking into it. As for the lawyer or firm you paid for services, you'd likely have to review your payment history or bank records to find out who it is that you hired.....and if they didn't do what you agreed to pay them to accomplish, you may be entitled to seek a return of your unearthed legal fees.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
But, outside of filing chapter 13 bankruptcy, there's really no way to stop a foreclosure.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Even a chapter 7 bankruptcy will not stop a will only delay it for a short period of time.

Related Real Estate Law Questions