How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3725
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Tell me what to do next!! I have a slum lord landlord. I am being harassed by my

Customer Question

Tell me what to do next!!
I have a slum lord for a landlord. I am being harassed by my neighbor. This afternoon I called the sheriff about the harassment. I want out!! My landlord thinks I am a dolt. I am actually a retired college professor with 2 doctorates. I don't talk about that.
The landlord will not do basic maintenance as required by law. I am not going to pay my April rent -- per state law 33-165 -- because some of the offenses are contrary to safety and health. I could go pro se -- but I do not have the right legal background.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
I suggest that you send a notice of breach to the landlord, stating that the landlord is in breach and you hereby terminate the lease agreement. Then you can move out, since the landlord is in breach, and you will be entitled to a full deposit refund, Professor. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you both. I wish you all the best.