RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

Some unknown person is listed on public record as the owner

Customer Question

Some unknown person is listed on public record as the owner of my house. Is this significant?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
How did you discover this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My banker provided me with a property value report from my home address.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought the home in 1994, I have refinanced a couple of times since, Those transactions were listed, But also in 2005 a 'Willie and Ruth Arron were listed with a CAL Vet loan and is listed as 'current owners'.
Yes this is an issue and you should be concerned. I say this because if someone else is on title they would be the owner or have a shared ownership interest with you. Chain of title needs to be looked at to see exactly how/why this happened. It is possible that this was recorded wrong and you can start by speaking with the recorders office and showing them and speaking with them about this to see if it was a clerical error