How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19128
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The city of Merrillville has storm water draing into my sewer

Customer Question

The city of Merrillville has storm water draing into my sewer which is illegal and a health hazard there is also some kind of pipe on our sidewalk that shouldn't be there the storm water has flooded my basement 3 times since I moved here in sept of 2015 I know this is a good case I just need help proving what I am saying cause storm water and sewer water should not be mixing
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
You would need to hire an environmental engineer to review the issue for you, or better yet, contact the City's public works department to come and inspect it and correct the issue. Goodluck with your case, Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.

Related Real Estate Law Questions