Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

The dwelling where I am presently living was legally Quick

Customer Question

The dwelling where I am presently living was legally Quick Claimed to me eight months ago when the owner moved out. I have not yet re-financed it in my name due to an issue I must first resolve on my credit report.
Two years prior to this Quick Claim, a husband, wife, and their 23 year old son were invited to move in with the previous owner who Quick claimed the property to me, because those three were being evicted from the the place they were living. This property is not zoned or licensed for rentals, and inasmuch as it was to be a shared living expense -- "living in the household of another" there was no contract between the owner and the three he allowed to live with him.
I did not mind them living here, but because they are not dependable in paying the agreed monthly expences (sometimes none, sometimes half) and it is causing me financial difficulty in making up the extra costs they incur, I would like them to move out. They have major credit issues from past years catching up with them, and have been turned down from a number of apartments they looked into. What challenges might I have within the court system getting them evicted? Is there a solution? I am happy to pay the $47 if you can show me the solution.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Is there any type of written lease contract in place?

.

Or was all this a verbal agreement?

.

When the property was "quit claim" deeded over to you, did they agree verbally to pay you a certain amount of rent each month?

.

If so, how much do they owe you now?

.

.

thanks