How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42909
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had an estate deed transferred into my name but the art

Customer Question

I had an estate deed transferred into my name but the art failed to remove one of the names from the deed and now it heads me and my deceased aunt. This has been going on for about two years. What can I do. He keeps saying he is going to get it completed.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

You can send him a demand letter threatening to sue unless this is corrected immediately.If they will not do this then you may have to sue to force resolution.You can seek legal fees and costs of such a suit as well as an order compelling the transfer.With such an order it is contemptable if they do not then transfer it.

I suggest one more demand letter here threatening civil suit and legal fees and court costs if no resolution.And then you will need a lawyer if they do not correct this to file such suit and force resolution through the courts in SC.You have rights hre, you may have to use the courts if the demand letter doesn't work.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.I wish you the best here.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Lawyer referral

South Carolina Bar LRS
Columbia, SC

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Toll free:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Statewide