Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I am purchasing a foreclosed Fannie Mae property and in the

Customer Question
Original Purchase agreement they agreed...
I am purchasing a foreclosed Fannie Mae property and in the Original Purchase agreement they agreed to split closing cost 50/50 we subsequent have addendums to the Original Purchase such as seller to pay for septic and Well and home warranty the Title company says the Addendum supersedes the Original Purchase Price and refuses to Split the closing Cost on the Original Purchase Agreement. What are my options
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/29/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Roger, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Roger, Lawyer

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Does the addendum change the agreement to split the closing costs.......or does it just modify the original agreement to add responsibility for the septic/well and warranty?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The addendum just modify the Well/septic and home warranty plus a 2250 credit. But per the Title Company. The California Residential Purchase Agreement does reflect that the buyer and seller are to split the escrow fee 50/50, however the Real Estate Purchase Addendum supersedes the California Residential Purchase Agreement. I have attached the copy of your Real Estate Purchase Addendum and have highlighted the areas in which it states this on page 6 item 10 f and page 10 item 28.Page 6 item 10 is the same thing on the Original Purchase Agreement where Seller pays Title Fees. The last one refers to the Effect of the Addendum where it amends and Suppliments the contract and Escrow Instructions

Ok. I see what you're saying.

You're probably going to need someone to review your paperwork and issue an opinion....and that's more than I'm set up to do here. I'll opt out and open it for other experts that may be able to assist.

Real Estate Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

PLEASE SEE MY OFFER FOR PREMIUM SERVICES.

Tina, Lawyer