Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I need a help. Seventeen years ago my parents bought an

Customer Question
Hello! My name is***** need...
Hello! My name is***** need a help. Seventeen years ago my parents bought an apartment in 55+ community which located in NJ state. Meanwhile both of them still working in NY state. They have a car that has a TLC plate of NY. At the beginning of 2016 , the board of condominium changed the rules of parking , as a result, my parents car got towed twice from the parking spot that assigned for their apartment. At the office we where explained that to be able to park a car on the property my father has to register car at NJ state. There is a big problem for my parents. Father still working in NY for limo company. He still renting an apartment in NY and has all the documents to prove it . Most of the time he spend in NY state and maybe one third of time in NJ. Right now, my parents have to leave their car on the closest public street which is two mails away. It is very inconvenient for them, because like everybody else they do shopping, going to the doctors, going to church and visiting their grandchildren, and every time they have to walk to their car two mails one way . How can I help them to fight for their rights and do they have them in this situation ? I will appreciate any help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/29/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Olivia Kent,
 replied 1 year ago
Olivia Kent

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.

My suggestion to you would be to hire an attorney that offers "unbundled services" to write a letter stating that by not permitting your father to park his car, they are violating the law. Attorneys that offer unbundled services provided one-off legal assistance, like the drafting of a letter, which is typically more cost-friendly to folks who don't want to retain a lawyer to sue someone (which is obviously more expensive). These letters signed by attys tend to pack a lot of punch; they're not *guaranteed* to work, but they often can accomplish more than a person can on their own. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra. We only get credit for the time we take assisting you if you are satisfied AND ALSO ​submit a rating. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.

Real Estate Lawyer: Olivia Kent,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello Tatyana. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent