Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My daughter purchased a new construction on the Orlando

Customer Question

my daughter purchased a new construction on the Orlando area. Two things have surfaced. When it rains hard, water enters the attic via a vent, which the contractor says there is nothing he can do about that...mold? How is it that rain can enter your house? He says once a home is built next door, then the rain will be blocked and not enter their home.
Then today the dishwasher dispensed water throughout the house. Carpet, molding, walls in all room are damaged. They have fans blowing tonight and for the next 4 days and they are monitoring mold spores. The closing is not even a month old! What is the risk of mold and health risks to my daughter/family and ability to sell it down the road?
What are my remedies?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry to hear this. Here is an overview of the process your daughter must pursue before she can file any sort of lawsuit against them. I do not agree with their assessment that this type of leaking is normal. That is not correct.

https://www.floridabar.org/divcom/jn/jnjournal01.nsf/Author/FD7FFD191A6F38B885256DAD00472077