How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42298
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to know if I can take these previous landlords to

Customer Question

I need to know if I can take these previous landlords to court over non repairs in my bedroom. I had a leaking ceiling for over 18 months. I had told the husband, and wife on several occasions about the problem, but it was never fixed until we moved out 6 months ago, my son took several pics of the leak. we had a lady from the county in which we lived to come out to take a look at the leak, she asked us if we wanted to cite them, but we declined, because we were afraid to lose our place to live. we were harassed many times with notices on our door to quit, and move out. we finally moved out, and they fixed the leak within 2 days during the move.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA.Ray here to help you today.

You can sue the landlord in small claims for your damages here including loss of use or personal property that was harmed up to $10k.

Here are the forms and self help you need to file suit where you are located.

I appreciate the chance to help you today and wish you the best.

Have a Happy Easter.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

More about small claims suit here.

If you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.