Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My landlord is evicting me due to my late payments. I have

Customer Question

my landlord is evicting me due to my late payments. I have always paid the late charges. Also I have had to move to Colorado and will not break my lease I had to moved for my husbands relocation. I have to rents to pay and he will not work with me. I still have some of my furniture in Lubbock. I just told him I would pay on the 22 of April I still have to pay my new rent. He has threatened me and told me the courts will handle it what should I do. Please help.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
give me some advice what to do
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum, my name is***** am another expert on the forum.

While we cannot provide formal legal advice, I believe that I can at least help you sort out what your rights are and potential resolutions are to this situation.

Just so that I ensure that we have a common understanding of your current situation, my understanding is that:

• You are current on rent (you paid late, including a late fee, but your landlord accepted it).
  • Your landlord is threatening legal action (although he has not specified anything, nor has he noticed anything - you haven't received a "notice to quit" or anything like that)
  • You do not want to have to continue renting the property because you have already moved out of state (but you do have a few things left in the unit).

Is that correct?