Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I am on the board of 14 condominiums in rockport Texas. We

Customer Question
I am on the board...
I am on the board of 14 condominiums in rockport Texas. We are in the process of having an insurance appraisal for windstorm, flood, fire, D&O, and liability on the common area of the condos which includes all outside walls, roof, foundation, etc. (The owners are responsible for the inside of their units from the sheetrock in. The appraiser has measured the perimeter of each unit and has given us the diagram of each separate condo, because some are larger than others. This is the first time this condo has done this that this board knows of. These units were built in 1966. We sent out the diagrams of each unit to the owners and asked them if they agree with the diagram. We gave them a week to respond, ask questions, etc. Heard from 6 out of 14 so far. We stated in our request that a no response would mead acceptance of the measurement. Can we assume the acceptance with that statement? Or should we do something else? The owners are notorious for not responding. Help!!!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/25/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Are you asking if silence may be deemed an acceptance of the diagrams submitted to the board? What is the significance of the diagrams? What would they be used for? Is there not a survey with diagrams as part of the declaration of condominium?

Are you online with me?

Why would the members need to approve the diagrams?

Tina, Lawyer