How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney 1 Your Own Question
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2573
Experience:  Knowledgable and Experienced Attorney
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Attorney 1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A relative filed a "notice of intent to preserve interest"

Customer Question

a relative filed a "notice of intent to preserve interest" on my personal residence, filed in 2011. This was a malicious act because the relative has no interest in my personal residence. His intent was to cloud my title. How can i get this cloud on title removed?
JA: Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Real Estate Lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes. the relative was convicted of real estate fraud for doing same to others.
JA: Our top Real Estate Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Real Estate Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Real Estate Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

I'm sorry to hear of this frustrating situation, but happy to say that you do have recourse. You can bring a court action for declaratory and injunctive relief, and might also have a cause of action for fraud. If you can show the court this person has no legal interest in the property and is harassing you, the person can be enjoined and ordered to remove the notice. If you have been monetarily damaged by the fraud, the court will award monetary damages, plus punitive damages up to triple that amount for the intentionally wrongful behavior.

I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I'll be happy to continue providing assistance. If I have addressed your issue and/or pointed you in a positive direction, please let me know that as well, and please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted, as that is the only way attorneys on this site are credited for the information we provide.

Good luck!


Attorney 1

Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm here to help.


Attorney 1

Related Real Estate Law Questions