Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Experience:  Knowledgable and Experienced Attorney
16911602

My home was recently sold in foreclosure and the new owner

Customer Question

My home was recently sold in foreclosure and the new owner plans to evict me. I am handicaped and haven't found a place to go yet. I don't have the money to fight them in court. What are my right's
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

So that I can give you the most applicable information, please let me know whether you are a tenant in the home that was foreclosed, or whether you are the prior homeowner.

Thank you.

Attorney 1

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tenant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't have an additional $52 to spend,cuz i'm on GR.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to switch to a live talk on my phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a tenant in the foreclosed home. Please I need some answers now. I just paid you $52
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Sorry for the unsolicited phone call request. It did not come from me, but was automatically generated by the site. We can certainly continue on this page for as long as you like. I'm here to help.

Thank you for the additional information letting me know you are the tenant. One moment while I look into this for you.

Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience. If you are under a lease agreement with the former owner, the new owner that purchased the house in foreclosure is required to respect and adhere to all terms of that lease. You would continue paying rent and they would act in the place of your landlord. The new owner would have a right to serve you with any fiction notice once the lease terminates.

If your lease has already expired or or you are staying under a month rental, you a have at least 90 days to vacate after the new owner buys the house/building, but owe your monthly rent to the new owner in the interim. While fighting the potential of eviction in court will not do you any good, at least the law gives you time to find another place.

I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I'll be happy to continue providing assistance. If I have addressed your issue and/or pointed you in a positive direction, please let me know that as well, and please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted, as that is the only way attorneys on this site are credited for the information we provide.

Good luck!

Best,

Attorney 1

Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm here to help.

Best,

Attorney 1