How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19323
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If i bought 2 acres of land and lived on it yrs and i got

Customer Question

if i bought 2 acres of land and lived on it for 8 yrs and i got extra pappers done concerning
my 25 ft right away to gain access to my home and it has been the only access to my home . the pappes or affadavit where old land owners signed off saying that the right away has been in use for over 10 yrs . my question is can somone infront of me block me off so i cant get to my home or my kids cant get to school? bebause the land has a 25 ft right away that runs through it and it is about one half mile long and there or 5 familys in front of me and i am the last house on the land and along the*****here is a bridge
before you get two the last two homes and the man in front of me says that the bridge is not safe any longer and that he is going to tear it down and block me off mrs menard sulphur LA, 70663
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

No, you cannot be blocked from getting into your home or to your kids. You must have means of entering and exiting from your property. If the other owner is threatening to do block your access, you would need to go to Court to enforce your "right of way." You may obtain the assistance of local real estate Attorney that handles litigation.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.