How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117358
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is our rights over a mobile home that we were buying

Customer Question

What is our rights over a mobile home that we were buying from a individual, we stopped making payments because he told us that we had not paid anything towards the principal of the home he has mailed a eviction letter in July 2015 and we moved out but the house is still on our property. What is our rights to the house now it has been 8 months since the eviction notice and we haven't heard anything else from him.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the house is still on your property, you need to send him notice that he must remove it from your property within 30 days or you will begin charging him rent (set an amount that is reasonable for your area) and if he does not pay the rent, then you would have basis for suing in court to acquire title to the mobile home for him abandoning the property. Since he evicted you for non-payment, he had to come and get the mobile home, if he does not do so and it is on your property you have the right to seek rent and if he does not pay you can sue for him abandoning the property and also for payment for the rent for not removing it from your land.
You cannot just take the house, you would have to take the matter to court.