How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41035
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Oregon my ex-wife and her friend owned a piece of

Customer Question

In Oregon my ex-wife and her friend owned a piece of property I have been paying the engineering costs for two and a half year. I went to secure my interest and her friend told me it was too late because the time lines to file a lien have passed.I don't care if its a construction or mechanics liens, I just want to cloud title with what I have paid. I have an agreement from them to provide these services and they acknowledge and approved all of my payments that I was paying over the two years. I made the final payment to the engineers in December.Do I have to sue them to get my lien placed? Since I did not comply with the filing requirements with regards ***** ***** timelines set forth in Oregon for filing a mechanics or construction lien.How do I secure the money I loaned to them on this property? Do I have to sue them now because my deadline to file the mechanics lien has past?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

You would have to sue them.You can sue for up to $10k in small claims.The judgment here then liens the property and clouds title.It would have to be paid prior to any sale and it bears interest until paid here in Oregon.You file small claims where the property is located,


You have to sue here ma and m lien will not work for this situation.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

More small claims self help

Thanks again.

Related Real Estate Law Questions