Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I'm in a case about a quite claim deed -I am the defendant,

Customer Question

I'm in a case about a quite claim deed -I am the defendant, the plaintiffs lawyer couldn't agree on a mediator , I asked my lawyer how much time do they have now that the court has decided to appoint a mediator - and he said until august 12th that will be a year from when this started - will the time help or hurt me?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

What is the case about/what is the claim against you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the house was deeded to me and is now being challenged - but my question was this the time it will take for mediation almost a year will this hurt or help me
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Thanks.

Possession is 9/10 of the law, so the longer the property stays in your name, the longer all parties and the judge will associate the property as being yours. Certainly, how long you hold the property under protest is not outcome determinative, but it does have a psychological impact.......so any delay/length of time before adjudication likely helps you more than it helps the other party.