How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118689
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I never received service foreclosure case against me in md

Customer Question

I never received service for a foreclosure case against me in md now I don't have any time to respond to the non judicial process.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: what info do you need
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: the property is schedule to sale on April 1, 2016
JA: Our top Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I filed a motion and order to set aside order to docket and to dismiss but its a non judicial process what do I file to stop the sale and retain legal help. I was never properly served so I don't have much time to stop them.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you read the mortgage contract, many times they have a clause that states the parties waive notice of foreclosure, so this is not uncommon. The only thing you can do is what you have done, file a motion in court to object to the non-judicial foreclosure, since a court still has to ratify the non-judicial foreclosure. You also can file a motion to stay the non-judicial foreclosure with the court together with your objection to the non-judicial foreclosure and your basis is that you did not receive notice which would have allowed you to correct the deficiency and stop the process.
You can get a local consumer protection attorney fairly quickly at the same sites used by other attorneys, or