Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I believe that my the fence on the side of my property is

Customer Question
many feet from where the...
I believe that my the fence on the side of my property is many feet from where the actual property line should be. I want to know if I have to dispute it within a certain amount of time in Prescott az
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/17/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If you are saying that you think the neighbor is encroaching on your land, then you would have to have a survey performed to confirm this and take legal action to eject the trespasser within 2 years as this is the statute of limitations for someone to legally claim ownership of land they are trespassing on in AZ under the legal doctrine of "adverse possession". In Arizona the period of time for adverse possession must be at least two years. Arizona Code §12-521 through 528.

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer