How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are an attached and are governed by a home owners

Customer Question

Hi. We are an attached PUD and are governed by a home owners association. We have 30 units in our association Our Association is located in the middle of a large planned unit development (these are all single family residences). We pay associates dues to both associations and are governed by both cc and r's. My question is, what if our associate rules conflict with the larger association rues Which is the final say if the two are in conflict? Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

If the larger association's rules are more restrictive, the larger Association's rules will take precedence over the smaller association's.

If the larger association's rules are more permissive, the smaller association can further limit those with more restrictive rules.

(So the larger association's rules can be further limited, but they cannot be expanded).

Related Real Estate Law Questions