Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

We are an attached and are governed by a home owners

Customer Question
Hi. We are an attached...
Hi. We are an attached PUD and are governed by a home owners association. We have 30 units in our association Our Association is located in the middle of a large planned unit development (these are all single family residences). We pay associates dues to both associations and are governed by both cc and r's. My question is, what if our associate rules conflict with the larger association rues Which is the final say if the two are in conflict? Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/16/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer

Dear Customer,

If the larger association's rules are more restrictive, the larger Association's rules will take precedence over the smaller association's.

If the larger association's rules are more permissive, the smaller association can further limit those with more restrictive rules.

(So the larger association's rules can be further limited, but they cannot be expanded).

CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer