Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

Need to stop my storage auction in CA. They are in violation

Customer Question

Need to stop my storage auction in CA. They are in violation of my rights. Can I still mail "Declaration to Appose Lien Sale" to stop the auction coming in 4 days?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can file the declaration to oppose lien sale at anytime before the date specified in your notice of sale. If you missed that date, the only way to stop the sale now is go to court and file suit and ask the court for an emergency ex parte injunction to stop the sale pending the outcome of your suit against the company. You would need to get the court to issue an order to stop the sale if you missed the date on the lien notice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where can I get a roadmap on filing suit to stop the auction? Can small claims filing stop it or how about a BK? Plz advise. Thanks!
Thank you for your reply.
Here is the roadmap for filing suit in CA courts, including links to forms and form numbers: http://www.courts.ca.gov/9616.htm