How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31684
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Loan was Modified and 9 Payments was made to the Bank.

Customer Question

My Loan was Modified and 9 Payments was made to the Bank. The Bank then Cancelled the Modification and move to foreclose. Can I get my payments refunded.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Generally, no, the money paid toward the loan modification is not refundable. The only exception would be if the modification agreement provides that the funds are refundable if the modification is cancelled.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Also, it is likely best if the funds aren't refundable because it will reduce your exposure to a deficiency judgment if the property sale doesn't generate enough money to pay off the loan in full.

Related Real Estate Law Questions