How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need help filing motion to set aside unlawful detainer in

Customer Question

need help filing motion to set aside unlawful detainer in sacramento. We lost case against bank for a house that the owner signed back to bank after honoring a lease. Owner gave us permission to sign her name since she lives in Colorado, but judge went along with other side & thinks lease is fraud because signatures are different. need to get previous owner to sign a declaration stating it was a good lease & I don't know what to say on form
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for using JA. Pursuant to the terms of service the attorneys are not permitted to represent customers or provide legal advice. We can provide general information and hopefully get you headed in the right direction. The issue in this situation is that there was a forged signature. Is the lender and the judge aware that the owner is not the person that signed the lease? I am concerned that fraud charges could result from an admission. Just to make sure we are on the same page are you asking the owner to state that they in fact signed the lease?

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Are you still online with me?

Related Real Estate Law Questions