Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I sold a parcel of property (Oregon) with a manufactured…

Customer Question
I sold a parcel of...
I sold a parcel of property (Oregon) with a manufactured structure on it 12 years ago. Yesterday I got a letter in the mail from our local tax collector stating that they were issuing warrants for the personal property taxes not being paid on the the manufactured structure. I contacted the county they stated the dwelling was still in my name and the name of my deceased husband. To make matters more complicated the women that we sold the dwelling/property to past away a year ago and now the Federal Mortgage folks have the property. Am I legally compelled to sign off the ownership at this point.,
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/8/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Could you clarify?

If the property has been foreclosed what ownership interests in the property are you going to be signing away?

It has not been foreclosed on yet that I am aware of. The interest that I would be releasing is in the manufactured structure. I am not sure how a transfer of ownership either via foreclosure or outright purchase without addressing this cloud on the title could occur. Further I am responsible for the taxes and am facing liens due to this oversight. I was likely unaware of this matter as the owner must have simply been paying the taxes prior to her death. Now that she has passed the lender is unaware of the material fact that the ownership interest in the manufactured dwelling that is sited on the property has not had the ownership interest transferred.For further clarification, I believe the bank has the property due to the death of the owner. Who never properly transferred ownership interest in the manufactured structure.

Thank you for the information.

If you did not properly transfer ownership of the property to the buyer at the time of the sale, you can still transfer ownership now. If you do not know how this can be accomplished, you would need the assistance of a local real estate Attorney to assist you with the case. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org

Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law