How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had a real estate contract house I was purchasing

Customer Question

I have had a real estate contract for a house I was purchasing from my aunt. During the years I have paid over $13,000 dollars on a house that was bought for $12,000 at 7.5 percent interest. The $13,000 was paid in 5 years time. My aunt has passed away and her kids want to sell the house from under me because they are unable to find the paperwork.
If they want to sell the property, should I not get first consideration or release of the deed for what may be owed by me at this time. Can they sell the property from under me like that or what.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. Do you have anything in writing to evidence this agreement with you and your Aunt?