Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have had a real estate contract house I was purchasing

Customer Question

I have had a real estate contract for a house I was purchasing from my aunt. During the years I have paid over $13,000 dollars on a house that was bought for $12,000 at 7.5 percent interest. The $13,000 was paid in 5 years time. My aunt has passed away and her kids want to sell the house from under me because they are unable to find the paperwork.
If they want to sell the property, should I not get first consideration or release of the deed for what may be owed by me at this time. Can they sell the property from under me like that or what.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. Do you have anything in writing to evidence this agreement with you and your Aunt?