How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My house is under contract and we allowed them in to

Customer Question

My house is under contract and we allowed them in to "paint". Next thing I know they start doing structural changes - taking down walls and changing the floor plan. I wrote an email saying that before any structural changes they must be in writing and approved by me. They broke into a wall and found structural damage. How can I just cancel the contract? I would just like to purchase the house. Help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi Barbara. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I'm a bet confused. Are you the buyer or the seller? You reference it being "my house." Then, you say you would just "like to purchase the house." It's a bit confusing. Thanks.

Related Real Estate Law Questions