Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My house is under contract and we allowed them in to

Customer Question
"paint". Next thing I...
My house is under contract and we allowed them in to "paint". Next thing I know they start doing structural changes - taking down walls and changing the floor plan. I wrote an email saying that before any structural changes they must be in writing and approved by me. They broke into a wall and found structural damage. How can I just cancel the contract? I would just like to purchase the house. Help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/7/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Richard, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Richard, Lawyer

Hi Barbara. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I'm a bet confused. Are you the buyer or the seller? You reference it being "my house." Then, you say you would just "like to purchase the house." It's a bit confusing. Thanks.

Tina, Lawyer