Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Barrister. Another question. A tax issue though. Maybe I…

Customer Question
Hi barrister. Another question. A...
Hi barrister. Another question. A tax issue though. Maybe I should be asking an accountant but u may know being involved with r.e. If you sell a house and u made a dollar last year on ur taxes u pay less tax than if u made 100,000 last year. So my dad and I are looking to sell 3 houses. Should we do this all in one year? If not then the 1 house the past year may put us in a totally diff tax basis for the other two. But if we earned a dollar last year and sold all three this year, we're kept in the lowest tax basis for all three?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/7/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello again,

.

You are correct, an acountant of tax law attorney would be best suited to help with this. Again, I just brush the surface and will admit I don't know enough to intelligently answer most tax questions...

.

I will opt out again and open it up to any tax attorneys or accountants on the site..

.

.

thanks