Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I HAVE A VERIZON DEROGATOR STATEMENT ON MY CREDIT REPORT ON…

Customer Question
I HAVE A VERIZON DEROGATOR...
I HAVE A VERIZON DEROGATOR STATEMENT ON MY CREDIT REPORT ON A NON PAYMENT OF 95.00. WOULD LIKE THEM TO SEND ME A BILL OR REMOVE FROM MY CREDIT REPORT. JIM
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/7/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: J. Warren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry you are dealing with this situation. If there is inaccurate information on a credit report, the FTC has a process in which you can dispute the information and each of the credit bureaus will contact the reporting creditor and request they substantiate the debt owed. Here is the link the provides the guidelines along with a sample dispute letter for disputing errors: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0151-disputing-errors-credit-reports

In addition, here is the customer service number for Verizon 1-***-***-**** or if related to wireless service 1.***-***-**** which is likely to lead to some frustration trying to get a human on the phone.

An address in which you can send a letter requesting prove of the debt from Verizon:

General Correspondence

Verizon
P.O. Box 4846
Trenton, NJ###-##-####/p>

I would start the process with the credit bureaus simultaneously with attempting to contact Verizon.

All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (3 stars or more). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Can I answer any additional follow up questions for you or clarify anything I have written above? If not, can you please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter? Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).