Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I own a Right of Way driveway that the property owners in…

Customer Question
I own a Right of...
I own a Right of Way driveway that the property owners in back of me are entitled to use for access to the street. I have made repairs to the pavement, pay for snow removal, and leaf removal. The residents use my driveway at no expense, as well have their relatives and friends use it. Is there any action I can take to lighten this burden?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/7/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Irwin Law, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer

Unfortunately, unless the easement agreement provides for their contribution to maintaining the right-of-way, there is nothing you can do to force them to contribute. You have to hope that they are decent enough people that they will assist in maintaining the driveway which they have the use of.

I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my Answer by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.