How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wrote 169900 in a lease with an option to purchase instead

Customer Question

I wrote 169900 in a lease with an option to purchase instead of 269900. The renter now wants to enter a contract. Do I have options to void contract
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Real Estate Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Renter entered into lease with option to buy. I in error put in the wrong price...100K under market price + or - 10K. Just notice it today and notified tenant..they are NOT happy of course.
JA: Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Don't know
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Andrea and I am one of the lawyers here on JustAnswer. I will be glad to Answer your question and the only thing I ask of you is that you leave a positive rating so that I receive credit for assisting you. Without a positive rating I will not receive credit for assisting you. This will not cost you anything more because you have already placed a deposit with JustAnswer. Fair enough ? First, let me ask you -

1. How long ago was the lease signed ?

2. Has the tenant moved in yet?

Thank you and I look forward to your reply,


Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

There are severable variables that might mitigate or negate this situation and I need more information. It would be most beneficial to you and could save you from a mistake that could cost you $100,000. I would need more information and I think that a telephone conversation would be a much better way to solve your problem and would give you the opportunity to ask whatever you needed in order to solve this problem. So, that is why I am suggesting that we speak on the telephone rather than go back and forth in writing which could take several hours. Please let me know if you agree and I will have JustAnswer send you an offer for "Additional Services". It would certainly be worth your while and could save you from this $100,000 mistake,


Related Real Estate Law Questions