Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I wrote 169900 in a lease with an option to purchase instead…

Customer Question
I wrote 169900 in...

I wrote 169900 in a lease with an option to purchase instead of 269900. The renter now wants to enter a contract. Do I have options to void contract

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Real Estate Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.

Renter entered into lease with option to buy. I in error put in the wrong price...100K under market price + or - 10K. Just notice it today and notified tenant..they are NOT happy of course.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?

Don't know

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/6/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Andrea, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer

Hi, I'm Andrea and I am one of the lawyers here on JustAnswer. I will be glad to Answer your question and the only thing I ask of you is that you leave a positive rating so that I receive credit for assisting you. Without a positive rating I will not receive credit for assisting you. This will not cost you anything more because you have already placed a deposit with JustAnswer. Fair enough ? First, let me ask you -

1. How long ago was the lease signed ?

2. Has the tenant moved in yet?

Thank you and I look forward to your reply,

ANDREA

There are severable variables that might mitigate or negate this situation and I need more information. It would be most beneficial to you and could save you from a mistake that could cost you $100,000. I would need more information and I think that a telephone conversation would be a much better way to solve your problem and would give you the opportunity to ask whatever you needed in order to solve this problem. So, that is why I am suggesting that we speak on the telephone rather than go back and forth in writing which could take several hours. Please let me know if you agree and I will have JustAnswer send you an offer for "Additional Services". It would certainly be worth your while and could save you from this $100,000 mistake,

ANDREA