How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31781
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father died 3 years ago, he left the house to s children

Customer Question

My father died 3 years ago, he left the house to his children but thru a deed of assent his wife lived in the house, she left and the deed was then recorded in 4 siblings name. My brother now is wanting to change the lot demensions recorded in that deed to give him what he says our father wanted him to have (55 feet). Can he change this deed without each of our permission. What does he need to have the lots changed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Your brother cannot change the lot dimensions or anything about the ownership of the property unless all owners consent to the change.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If everyone is agreeable to this, then you'd likely need a survey to specify the property in question that is being transferred.....then all owners would need to issue a deed to him for the area in question.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

However, if each owner doesn't agree, then he can't acquire or take this additional property.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks!