Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

How can I get a motion to satisfied or quiet title on my

Customer Question

How can I get a motion to satisfied or quiet title on my mortgage when the company went out of business before sending in the satisfaction
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If the lender doesn't have a receivership or some third party administrator to handle things like this for you (you may want to check with your state's secretary of state and see if there's any officer or member that you could contact about signing a release), then the only thing you could do is file a lawsuit against the lender to remove cloud on your title.....you would have to name the lender as a party defendant and serve the registered agent or publish notice in the local newspaper if there is no longer a registered agent.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Once you get an order from the court, you can record that and the land records clerk can mark the loan as cancelled based on the authority given to the clerk via the court order.