Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Ely did not finish answering my questions. I want to stop…

Customer Question
Ely did not finish answering...
Ely did not finish answering my questions. I want to stop neighbor from tearing down my fence and remove his backhoe out of my yard. The police want do anything. When does the time begin running if the neighbor lies about when he starting trying to steal my land. What determine the the time period . I have complianed since 2014 July. How much time do I have before my land is stolen. Will I be notified if neighbor files a quiet title?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/3/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello again. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I actually did address your follow ups, but perhaps you did not see it? Anyhow, please find my answer below in regards ***** ***** above.

When does the time begin running if the neighbor lies about when he starting trying to steal my land.

At the time that they file the affidavits (as you say they did), or once they begin actually occupying the land.

What determine the the time period.

See above.

I have complianed since 2014 July. How much time do I have before my land is stolen.

Assuming their deed is valid, someone in your situation has 4 YEARS to file a quiet title action.

Will I be notified if neighbor files a quiet title?

Yes. You would be served a citation and petition if this is done.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

He has no valid deed. He claims he bought the water easement in front of his property , which the TRA does not recognize. And he tells the police this and he shows them his foney paper work and they do nothing. Can I have a try of title form, please

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure what you mean by "a try of title form." What do you mean, please?

trespass try of title. What do I need to file today to save my property.
I have already rated you. please What do I need to file today to save my property.
It is not as simple as filing a "form." This would be a lawsuit - something that begins a whole legal matter. I do not have a Texas Quiet Title petition on hand I am sorry to say. I can say that it would look something like this:
http://www.kinseylaw.com/attyserv/civil/complaints/quiettit.html
(The example is from California.)
It is recommended to use an attorney to file this suit.
Ely, Counselor at Law