Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I'm presidant of Artworks, a co-op gallery in North Beach,

Customer Question
Hi, I'm presidant of Artworks...
Hi, I'm presidant of Artworks, a co-op gallery in North Beach, MD. We have a 5 year lease with our land lady. I have informed her numerous times that we do very little Business in the winter months. We did not enough money in our checking account to pay the total rent. First time in over 4 years. We wrote her a check for $1900.00 which was $600 short and informed her we'd pay the rest as soon as we got it. She came in the gallery yesterday, voidedthe check and e mailed me that if she doesn't get the money in full by noon Friday we are in default. Default meaning we pay interest and.may need to leave in 90 hours. What can we do..we offered her all the money we had. What can we do
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/3/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Is the landlord willing to negotiate? Is the landlord in breach of the lease in any possible way?