Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am 30yers old Bulagrian girl. I work as a stewardess on a…

Customer Question
Hi there, I am 30yers old...
Hi there,
I am 30yers old Bulagrian girl . I work as a stewardess on a private motor yacht but looking at buying a 4-5 bedroom property and turn it into a Crew House - short term shared accommodation for crew like me.
I am In the beging of this project. What kind of license would I need and do I need a cpecific visa . Any info will be super helpful !
Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/2/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

So, good news. Unlike most countries, a person does not need (1) a special license or (2) a special visa to purchase real estate in USA. Anyone can do it.

No special license or certificate is needed to buy real estate. Anyone can do it. All they need is proof of identity for the sale (the seller or their attorney will likely insist on it).

No special visa is required to purchase real estate. Plenty of Canadians for example have property in USA and travel here on different visas and stay at the property when they do. However if you plan to use a lender for a mortgage, the lender may have certain requirements for visas - this is up to the lender.

Kъсмет!

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!