Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I was turned down equity line of credit because there is a…

Customer Question
I was turned down for...
I was turned down for an equity line of credit because there is a lien against my property. The loan was paid in full in Jan 2011. After contacting the bank I was told that there was some fee filing fee that had not been paid ($164?). Because the account was closed and they could not accept addition monies, something was done internally to satisfy that balance. This was in July 2015. I have been trying since then to get a document stating that the lien has been satisfied
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/2/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question.

Is this lien on the title? That is, there is a lien on the title you want to remove?

How long will it take to speak with someone

It looks like payment failed for the call...but you can fix this by calling customer service at

1.***-***-****

They answer the phone

Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

I am a different attorney and I can assist you if you would like to continue in this forum and not by telephone.

There is a way to get a lien a removed are you still interested in working on this question