Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I need to know if an addendum alone as a lien can be

Customer Question
removed. I'm in Washington State...
I need to know if an addendum alone as a lien can be removed. I'm in Washington State. About to close and escrow needs a payoff letter. The lien should be on another property in which the loan was for. Not this one.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/1/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. How is the addendum showing up as a lien? Was the addendum recorded against the real property?

Thank you for your prompt response. Please see attached.

I see that this was recorded. I see a stamp on the second image you attached. Is that correct?

We would need the to have a release of lien signed by the lender and recorded in the county or have the title company record the release. Would the "lender" sign a release?

She will if I can find an attorney tonight whom will write something up which says that she will get paid at closing when when sold which is scheduled within 75 business days. This is an emergency refi with a hard money lender because Note on my property expires at midnight.

I can provide you with a link for a form that will work if that would help.

This the form that would be used to release the lien https://s3.amazonaws.com/uslf-previews/WA/WA-1051-08.pdf

Would you consider writing this up? I'll pay you. Whatever is fair.

The form will work perfectly, I cannot see the recording information. Can you open the link?

All she would need is to draft the same addendum and hold off recording it until the close of escrow completes.

http://www.ehow.com/how_8131970_release-property-lien.html

I need to know if an addendum alone as a lien can be removed. I'm in Washington State. About to close and escrow needs a payoff letter. The lien should be on another property in which the loan was for. Not this one. Yes with a release of lien. http://www.uslegalforms.com/wa/WA-1051-08.htm

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for mu work I would appreciate it.

Thank you for using JA!

I wanted to follow up with you to see if you were able to print the release and have it signed?

You may not be aware that the attorneys do not receive credit for their work if the customer does not rate our service positively.

Would you like your attachments to be removed for privacy?