Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

In November of 2015 while I was out of town in hospital week…

Customer Question
In November of 2015 while...
In November of 2015 while I was out of town in hospital for 1 week my landloard and staff members of the sawmill campground (community my home was located in) entered my leased manufactured home in good standing and emptied the entire contents of my life...everything was divided up among the people present and the balance disposed of...I have no idea where and the police seem to have no details. When I returned home ti took me 2 full days and multiple calls to police to finally gain access to the home, confirm the burglary and file a burglary report with the Pasco County Sherriff. Among the items stolen (every possession I had on this planet) were furniture, family photos, letters, a lifetime of journals, my US and CDN passports (duel citizen) $8000 of medication I require to remain alive, electronics, a large amount of cash and credit cards. The police despite taking the burglary report and their initial promises to arrest the landloard and other participants later informed me that this was a civil matter and the asst states attorney of Pasco Counts one Manny Garcia has opted not to pursue charges. Many Garcia's office says they have never seen the case and that the sheriffs office declined to arrest...someone is lying. Because of the financial devastation of this crime and my failing health I have very little money and can not find an attorney that will touch this case without large amounts upfront so I am on my own...I have done endless research but still feel remarkably under qualified and inept for this HUGE task and I have lost every legal step so far also remarkable to me...WHAT DO I DO...under the 3x law I am owed aprox $150,000.00
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/1/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Legalease, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer

Hello there -

-

I am sorry to hear about this situation. I have a few questions, as follows:

-

(A) Can you tell me if you have a written lease agreement with the landlord (owner of the campgrounds?). If you do, is there language written into the lease contract which covers termination notices (how many days notice they must give to you in writing before proceeding to the local court for an eviction proceeding?)

-

(B) Prior to your hospitalization, were you having any problems with the Landlord ? Had you been given any type of notice to quit the property (Such notices are usually always in writing and the title of the document would be something like NOTICE TO QUIT or TERMINATION NOTICE ) ?

-

After you answer these questions and post a response, please give me about 20-30 minutes to review the latest FL law on these issues and to write up a written answer for you here (I type slowly).

-

MARY