Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I recently placed an offer on a house which had just been…

Customer Question
I recently placed an offer...
I recently placed an offer on a house which had just been reduced from 259,000 to 249,000. My offer included full price and I asked the seller if they would pay closing costs. Sellers refused, and I agreed to pay closing as well. We sent the contract to them but we were surprised to read that they wanted to raise the price to 256,000. Is that illegal or just unethical?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/27/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
RealEstateAnswer

Good evening. Do you know why they did this and asked for 7,000 above asking? Are you sure the offer at 256k was not with them paying your closing costs and they just raised the price so they could get what they wanted and you would not have to come out of pocket for any closing costs?

Tina, Lawyer