Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am a tenant in illinois. real management property offered…

Customer Question
i am a tenant in...
i am a tenant in illinois. real management property offered me 10,600 for me to vacate a foreclosed home with exchange of cash for keys. I'm skeptical. Is this a reasonable amount or are they offering that just to get me out?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/26/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good afternoon. I am Loren, an Illinois licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

How much time is left in your tenancy?

2/27
I already cleaned the apartment where I rented, broom swept condition. they gave me a relocation agreement and said they would give me 10,600. sounds ridiculous. what are your thoughts

Thank you for the additional information.

That is a generous amount, but if your tenancy is up, why not take it. It is actually not out of line with cash for key agreements. They are, apparently very motivated to get you out and have the apartment in good condition.

Make sure it is in writing and if they refuse to pay you can sue to enforce the agreement.

Are you still online with me?

can u call me at 6:30?

Expecting guests to arrive at 6:30. I can call now if you want.

i am at work til 6:30. how did it go up to 60 ?
i can still chat online for now. that's fine

You would need to accept the offer for additional services. A phone call is an additional service, that is why it is an additional fee.

Did you wish to continue online?

Are you still online with me? I am getting ready to sign off for the night if you are finished.

Tina, Lawyer