Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

If land has to be divided between six children and three…

Customer Question
If land has to be...
If land has to be divided between six children and three already have a house built on the land,will that be considered their part
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/26/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Very likely, yes. Either in a partition action or an probate action, the Court will normally defer to those parts going to the parties that have their houses being built on them already (unless the structures force the parties to take larger than their share).

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.