Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I had a closing on my property yesterday. Both the buyers…

Customer Question
Hi. I had a closing...
Hi. I had a closing on my property yesterday. Both the buyers and I executed the necessary paperwork for it. About an hour after I walked out of the attorney's office I get a call from their realtor saying the closing attorney put a hold on the deed being recorded because they got a call from the HOA saying I was not in compliance with my fence, color of my house and my landscaping. The closing attorney showed me the certificate of assessment from the HOA and none of that was on there. Is the HOA able to do this?? Also, since everyone signed all the papers for closing, isn't it a done deal?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/24/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Lawyer

Hello: I have some questions? Did the HOA sign any closing papers? Do you know if your HOA documents required their approval prior to any sale?

Tina, Lawyer