Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Ocwen servicing inserted a mortgage dispute to the 3 credit…

Customer Question
ocwen servicing inserted a mortgage...
ocwen servicing inserted a mortgage dispute to the 3 credit bureau`s. that action blocked anyone from getting my score so i could refinance my home .i called them about this & they said they would have it removed. this was on or before jan. 12, 2016 it`s still there. help me
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/23/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this. First of all, are you sure that you do not have a FRAUD ALERT of SECURITY FREEZE on your file? Or, you do not now what these are? Have you alleged identity theft in the last year?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

i was told it was a mortgage dispute by quicken loans and verified by ocwen
Thank you.
A dispute on credit card history should not block a credit score. If there is a dispute, then the credit score is still generally available even while the dispute is pending.
It may be that whoever is pulling your credit report(s) is refusing to consider a report with a dispute on it. So it is not the dispute blocking the credit score, but the entity that is pulling the credit which will not use a report with a dispute on it.
Now, a dispute means that you and Ocwen are in disagreement about something. Normally if you feel you are right, I would say let the dispute work its way out until the credit bureau(s) makes a decision. However if you are on a time crunch, then someone in your situation may wish to contact the credit bureau(s) and state that someone in your situation does not object to Ocwen's version of the events, and then the dispute would be resolve - in Ocwen's favor. The bad news is that this may damage your credit a bit. The good news is that the dispute would go away.
Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!