Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live in Roanoke, TX. My neighbor's dogs barks during day…

Customer Question
I live in Roanoke, TX...
I live in Roanoke, TX. My neighbor's dogs barks during day and night disturbing my peaceful life. My neighbor is a "don't care" personality. What can I do other than going to court? Thanks for your response
Peter Chemmalakuzhy
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/23/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good morning Peter,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Asking what you can do aside from court really limits your options. Especially given that you have already worked through your HOA, the police and Animal control. Having been an attorney for more than 30 years as well as a law enforcement officer, I can say that you have done all that is legally possible short of going to court and suing for Private Nuisance----which based on your facts you most certainly would win. Keep in mind that you could also ask for money damages for the interference with your property right.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney