Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

Can you help me to file a quite tỉtle actions in Cherokee

Customer Question

Can you help me to file a quite tỉtle actions in Cherokee county to foreclosure a property that I bought through tax sale?
How much going to cost? And how long does it take?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Helping you to actually file such a lawsuit would constitute practicing law in your state, which we are not permitted to do. I can tell you that quiet title suits are very technical and if not done exactly right you will not accomplish the purpose, which is to clear the title in your name so that you can eventually sell or mortgage the property. You need to find a local attorney who does this routinely for tax sale buyers like yourself. I don't know about your particular area of the country, but you can probably get this done by an experienced pro for between $1000 - $1500, plus court and publication costs. That is, if the suit is not contested by a former owner or lien holder , Like a mortgage company. I hope that this answer helps you solve the problem.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I hope that my Answer has been helpful. If you need more information, please send me a Reply. If not, I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my Answer By clicking on 3, 4, or 5, so that I can receive credit for assisting you. There is no additional charge for doing so. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.