Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am 81 years old. I listed my house and received an offer…

Customer Question
I am 81 years old...
I am 81 years old. I listed my house for sale and received an offer which I accepted because I have some hardwood floors that need to be refinished or replaced. They came back with a counter offer. At that time my agent told me that the buyers were willing to pay ALL the closing costs. Her exact words were " and THAT is unheard of.....figuring the costs of the closing costs would not be charged to me, I signed an agreement which was over $14 thousand dollars under my original asking price. After I signed she then said "of course you have to pay your own closing costs. I was misled and lied to. I want to cancel the sale. Do I have a legal right to do so ? Please help...I feel I was scammed and I do not want this sale to go through.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/22/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

What does the agent say when you remind her that all closing costs were to be paid by the purchaser?

Do you have any open contingencies, such as the inspection?