Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

My daughter is due to make a down payment payment on a house

Customer Question
shortly and if not will...
My daughter is due to make a down payment payment on a house shortly and if not will lose a considerable sum of honesty money. Tonight on the news there is a report that traces of lead have been found in the area close to her house from an a closeby industrial plant. She is reconsidering whether to go ahead, because of health concerns. The contract says tests have to be done and she has had it tested for mould and some gas. I do not think it mentioned lead testing. She has been told by the real estate agent if she backs out now she will lose $5,000 honesty money. What can she do? If she changes her mind is there some way she can get money back?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/22/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Is your daughter within an inspection period or other contingency period, such as finance or attorney approval?

Does the contract contain any environmental warranties or reps?

Are you online with me?

Tina, Lawyer